Thursday, June 01, 2006

Wedding Crashers

She: Not feeling well today.
He: Why, what happened?
She: Woke up with all the lights on.
He: Not again!
He: Where were you?
She: A friend's wedding reception.
He: Really? Was Vince Vaughn there?
She: I have one or two things to say about Wedding Crashers.
He: I didn't like it.
He: And I really like Vince Vaughn.
She: I *love* VV and OW!
She: Give me three reasons why you didn't like it.
He: Vince Vaughn--tried too hard to be smartarse.
He: Owen Wilson--whined the whole movie.
She: I loved the scene where OW gets drunk and falls over the drum kit etc.
He: Vince is usually a natural ... has control of a million things all going on at the same time.
He: He was fantastic in a small film called The Prime Gig, did you see that?
She: I didn't, I'm afraid
She: Now what's your third reason?
She: VV, OW, and?
She: Isla?
She: She used a nipple double, if that troubles you?
He: Third reason. I felt my face when I the ending credits were coming on, and it hadn't laughed.
He: It was the opposite of that feeling when you've been laughing too much after smoking dope.
She: Aching cheeks?
He: Yeah, from not smiling.
She: I had an issue with the boyfriend.
She: Why do they always make them such black-and-white dickheads?
He: Yeah ... in *everything* he did.
She: For humour value I guess but it would have been just as funny if he'd been a nice guy -- the racking stomach cramps and vomiting would have been just as amusing.
He: Damn straight.
She: It didn't tally with her character.
She: It was stupid, let's face it.
He: And not even the Vaughn/Wilson delivery could save it.
She: What about gay brother?
He: That was pretty creepy!
He: Bet the gay community *loved* that portrayal!
She: Predatory artistic f*ck up.
She: How about the funeral pickererupperer?
He: Oh yeah! Will Ferrell.
She: I did laugh when he shouted "meat loaf" to his mother.
He: You know how you do that kind of expectant chuckle when you think someone's about to be really funny?
He: I think I might have done that, but he never set it off.
She: And then it drops off and you turn it into a cough?
He: Yes!
She: It's long too.
He: And when Christopher Walken doesn't even turn in a memorable performance ...
He: something's wrong.
He: Who was the director?
She: David Dobkin.
He: Hmmm, according to IMDB, he did Shanghai Knights.
She: I just realised I've actually seen Wedding Crashers twice -- once at cinema and once on DVD.
She: On second viewing I found myself intensely irritated.
She: Which was embarrassing as I was the one amongst my friends who chose the DVD.
He: Ouch.
He: I have to say one of the best scenes was a deleted one.
He: The one where they're doing a speech together at a Chinese wedding, and they segue into a karaoke version of 99 Red Balloons.
She: Oh oh!
She: Yes, I think I watched that.
He: It was so bad, it was hilarious.
He: But if the movie had bet all its chips on that scene it wouldn't have worked.
She: Surprised they didn't hold the funeral scenes and make a sequel -- Funeral Crashers.
She: Oh how we would have laughed.
He: Some people can be in bad movies and still be funny.
He: Owen Wilson.
He: Ben Stiller.
She: Are you saying Meet the Fockers is bad?
He: No! I was thinking of Dodgeball actually.
She: I didn't see that.
She: Didn't that get good reviews?
He: Probably because Ben Stiller is one of those people.
She: You know what I hated?
She: Anchorman.
He: But maybe VV is not one of those people?
He: So how many stars for Wedding Crashers?
She: Two and a half.
He: I'm with you.

Wedding Crashers
She: **1/2
He: **1/2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home