Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story

She: I loved the movie.
He:
You didn't have sex with her... "... Noooo".
She: "Nooooooo...I did"
He: "But nothing weird".
He: And Coogan's eyes as he thought about it.
She: :))
He: Very low key, don't you think?
She:
Yeh.
He: But lots of scenes keep coming back.
She: Close to knuckle re: Coogan and his real life.
She:
I had loads of giggling fits.
She: "... with his house in the Hollywood Hills ..."
She: I love Rob Brydon.
He: At the beginning with Rob Broyden sitting in makeup with his teeth showing.
He: Lots of good cameos, weren't there?
She:
Yes!
She: I need to see it again immediately.
She:
Loved the bit with the forceps and the melon.
He: That was great ...
She: Gave me nightmares last night though.
He: The forceps?
She: Dreamt strange men were going round hitting my friends' skulls in with hammers.
He: The first baby's head scene with the forceps, the girl I was with had to turn away.
He: Then there was the scene where they were carrying around the dummy baby ... did you see that?
She:
Yeah!
He: And when they showed the forceps scene after that, she turned away again!
He: I said "You just saw the dummy!"
She: Loved the bit with Coogan in the womb ...
She:
when Brydon says "That's the funniest he's been for years!"
He: In the barn: "He wants realism".
He:
Coogan: "I'm a grown man talking in a womb".
She: He gets stuck trying to get out ...
She: "The clothes are hindering you, it'll be better in the real shoot".
He: "What?"
She: Love the constant references to Alan Partridge.
She: "That was years ago".
She: "Yeah but everyone loved it".
She: "I know they did".
He:
And Broyden's impressions of "Alan".
He: Ooooooh. [twiddling fingers]
She:
"You're so dirrrty!"
He: You know, we can just go on doing scenes because there wasn't really a story ... or was there?
She: The making of the movie ...
She: and piss taking and some kind of self congratulation of Coogan?
She:
Wonder what his REAL wife thinks.
He: Yeah ... that's why I was thinking again about the Courtney Love incident.
He: But thinking about it later, I thought there was a lot of good stuff on acting, actors, and movie-making (especially the Hollywood type).
She: Yes!
She: Loved the rushes ...
She: and the battle scene fiasco ...
She: and the lack of "score" as they showed it.
He: How about the hot chestnut scene!
She: Oh god, yeah.
She: "You touched my arsehole!"
She: "At least let's do dinner first!"
He: Yes!
She: The person I watched it with has seen glimpses of Alan ...
She: and now wants to see it all!
She: So it’s good PR for Coogan.
He: So tell me then, what's your one-sentence description of Tristram Shandy?
She: Ooh a test.
She: Shit, that's hard.
He: One sentence -- not a marketing one. But one that's true and would still make people interested.
She: A hilarious irreverant post modern disconnected piss-take of both filmmaking and the actor Steve Coogan's career and ego featuring a plethora of the best of British comedy which will leave you scratching your head and grinning.
She: Hey ...
She: what did you think of the female black character?
He: Oh!
She: The one who tries to bed Coogan.
He: Hilarious.
He: But very cringey.
She: Yeah.
He: Here's my sentence: "A classic comedic look at actors, acting, and the ridiculous world of movie- (and shoe-) making."
She: OK, I didn't put any effort into mine.
She: Mine was just as if I was talking to YOU.
He: Or "Fetus, don't fail me now".
He: Oh, I was going to put "classic" in quotes in the first one.
He: you know, classic ... Hm Hm?
She: Yeah, I geddit.
He: So, how many stars?
She: I almost typed 4.5 then.
She: But worried I am basing that on my deep love for Steve Coogan.
She: I think I'll go 4.
He: Are we four max or five?
She: 5.
She: How many times do I have to tell you?
He: Oops.
He: I would have said 3 1/2 immediately after, but I got lots of afterthought enjoyment out of it, so I'm going to say 4 too.


Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story
She: ****
He: ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home